Vacant Home Insurance
Do you like to throw money out the window? Probably not. Then why go with an insurance company that asks you to insure a home for longer than needed?
While other insurance companies don't offer flexible coverages, Foremost does and is there to help you save your money. Foremost specializes in vacant home coverage, which can be renewed for up to three years of coverage with prorated cancellation, subject to a minimum earned premium. Foremost loves vacant homes! Many other companies shy away from insuring vacant homes, but not Foremost. Foremost makes it easy for you to move, renovate your home or put it up for sale. And you won't get stuck paying for a longer term than you needed. Nice. A Western Star agent can help you choose the Foremost policy you want for your vacant home property.
Foremost has you covered:
- Comprehensive Property Coverage. This means Foremost covers most direct, sudden and accidental physical losses that aren't specifically excluded in your policy (fire, explosion, lightning, windstorm, and hail damage).
- Vandalism and Malicious Mischief Coverage. Many companies don't offer this important coverage on an unoccupied home, but Foremost does.
- Full 12-Month Policy. This means that Foremost offers flexible payment plans and a pro-rated cancellation, subject to a minimum earned premium, if you need to cancel before your year is up. Foremost also offers options to renew for up to four years.
- Agreed Loss Settlement. If your home is destroyed by an insured loss, you receive the full amount of agreed upon insurance for your home (minus any applicable deductible). No hassles.
- Liability Coverage. This provides coverage if you're found legally responsible for an accident that causes injury or property damage to someone who doesn't live in your home.
- Actual Cash Value. In the event of a covered loss, this covers the cost to replace or repair your damaged property, with a deduction for depreciation, which reflects the age and condition of your home.
Does Foremost insure you?
Foremost specializes in vacant home insurance and accepts a broad range of vacant homes. Foremost accepts vacant homes valued up to $1 million, and there is no restriction on the age of the home!
Foremost also sells landlord and owner-occupied policies that cover the following kinds of properties:
- Homes for sale
- Homes in the name of an estate
- Homes under renovation
- Rental properties between tenants
- Homes of varying ages
Let us help you choose the right Foremost policy for your vacant home property.
Foremost offers flexible payment plans, including pay on-line, by mail or electronic funds transfer. Keep in mind that higher deductibles can help lower the cost of your premium.
If you purchase your National Flood Insurance Program policy through Western Star, you'll have a personal, professional agent helping you make sure that your home and your belongings have the coverage you want in the event of a flood.
While other insurance companies don't offer flexible coverages, Foremost does. Foremost offers vacant home coverage, pro-rated cancellation (subject to a minimum earned premium), vandalism and malicious mischief coverage and coverage on your vacant home. That's why we are here to tell you that a vacant home policy can cover you so you can continue to relax.
|What If?||Other Companies/Policy with Minimal Coverage||Foremost Vacant Home Policy|
|What if I buy a one-year policy on my home that is for sale and it sells in the first two months?||With other companies, typically, you may end up paying for the full year, no refund!||Foremost offers a pro-rated cancellation. This means that we would credit money back to you, subject to a minimum earned premium.|
|What if my home is being renovated and someone breaks in and vandalizes it?||Many other insurance companies do not offer vandalism coverage on vacant homes, so those expenses would all be right out of your pocket.||Foremost loves insuring vacant homes and offers optional coverage for Vandalism and Malicious Mischief. In the event of a covered loss, Foremost would cover the vandalism on your vacant home up to the limits of your coverage.|
|What if I want to get vacant home insurance and don't want to worry about renewing it every couple of months?||Many other insurance companies make you renew the policy every three or six months.||With a Foremost policy, you have the option to purchase coverage for your vacant home for one year, with option to renew.|
Get a Quote
You can count on the experienced, friendly staff at Western Star Insurance to help you with your insurance purchase. We're looking forward to serving you. Request a no-obligation estimate.
Get a quote by phone
Please call us toll-free at 1-800-545-8608.
Our hours are:
Monday–Friday, 8am to 8pm, EST
Get a quote by email
Prefer to contact us by email? Send us your questions or information.
Availability: Foremost vacant home program is offered in many, but not all states at this time. Programs and coverages can vary among states. To qualify for coverage, homes must meet state-specific eligibility guidelines. Please contact us to receive full details.
About the coverages described on this site: Your insurance contract is contained only in your policy, not in this website. Your insurance protection may vary from the coverages described here, depending on the standard coverages included in your policy and the optional coverages you purchase. Credit is used in some states for underwriting or rating as allowed by state law.
*Coverage may not be available in all areas.
What we insure
Road and Travel
- Motor Home
- Travel Trailer
- Luxury Motor Coach
- Neighborhood Electric Vehicle