Do you drive your fifth-wheel to the grocery store and back? Probably not. Then why would you insure your rig with a policy meant for an everyday automobile?
Our policies provide important coverages that are not available in a conventional auto policy or the stripped down RV policies offered by other companies. We can help you choose the right Foremost policy for your rig, so you can go out and enjoy the open road while someone else takes care of the paperwork!
Foremost has you covered:
- Comprehensive Coverage. This is included with Foremost's fifth-wheel policies and is not automatically included in your typical auto policy. This provides protection from just about any direct, sudden, and accidental loss, including: collision, fire, smoke, floods, landslides, hail, windstorms, animals, vandalism, low branches or overhangs, theft and lightning. We also include Coverage for Attached Accessories, including awnings, satellite dishes, TV antennas and more.
Some coverages are optional and subject to company approval or may not be available in all states.
- Total Loss Replacement Coverage. This option can save you literally thousands of dollars when compared to typical auto policies, which pay only the Actual Cash Value of your fifth-wheel at the time it's destroyed. Foremost coverage protects from the effects of depreciation. If your new-model fifth-wheel is destroyed within its first five model years, and you're the original owner, Foremost will pay to replace it with a brand new one of similar kind and quality. In years six through ten, Foremost will give you up to what you originally paid for it toward the purchase of another fifth-wheel.
- Emergency Expenses Coverage. Pays for lodging or travel home if your rig is damaged or destroyed by a covered loss more than 50 miles from home.
- Replacement Cost Coverage for Personal Property. More than a typical auto or homeowners policy, this covers your personal belongings that are destroyed or stolen.
- Towing and Roadside Assistance from TraveLine® eliminates the hassle of buying a separate towing plan. Towing, jump starts, roadside service, flat tire changes, fuel delivery, and locksmith service are just a toll-free phone call away. There are no out-of-pocket payments required, either. Just sign and drive. What's more, your fifth-wheel and your tow vehicle are covered, regardless of who is driving!
- Campsite/Vacation Liability Coverage. Provides liability coverage when you are parked and using your fifth-wheel as a residence, typically seasonally or for weeks at a time.
- Full-Timer Coverage. This is a coverage very similar to a homeowners policy. This option also covers you when you are parked and using your fifth-wheel as a residence, typically for extended periods of time.
- Insuring your Tow Truck. This special option offers insurance for your medium-duty tow truck that you use to tow your fifth wheel, provided the medium duty tow truck's GVWR exceeds10,000 pounds. This means that the maximum allowable total weight of a road vehicle when loaded must exceed 10,000 pounds.
- Special Program for Stationary Fifth-Wheels gives you extensive comprehensive and contents coverage if you use your fifth-wheel as a seasonal or permanent residence. This includes liability coverage that covers liability, medical payments to others, and property damage claims caused by an accident for which you are held liable. This program provides you with additional protection since your auto or homeowners policies may not extend coverage to you.
Does Foremost insure you?
A Foremost policy covers an extensive range of fifth-wheels including older, newer, and different makes and models. Let us help you choose the right Foremost policy for your rig.
Trusting your rig to an auto policy or your personal belongings on the road to a homeowners policy may bring you an unpleasant surprise at claim time. That's why we are here to tell you that a Foremost fifth-wheel policy, beyond your auto or home policies, can cover you so the journey can continue.
|What If?||Added to your Homeowners or
|Foremost Fifth-Wheel Policy|
|What if there is a theft in my fifth-wheel, such as jewelry, DVD player, or clothing?||Typically they may not cover these personal belongings. Homeowners policies usually place strict limits on off-premises coverage and require a sizable deductible to be paid first.||Foremost provides optional comprehensive coverage for personal belongings and in most cases doesn't require a deductible. This way you can take your valuables with you on the road and be covered.|
|What if someone gets hurt on my campsite that I have rented for the summer?||You may be paying their medical bills! This can get extremely pricy.||With a Foremost policy, optional liability coverage may pay these medical bills, leaving you debt free to enjoy and relax.|
|What if my fifth-wheel breaks down and I am stranded?||A typical auto policy may not pay for housing or extra travel expenses, while you are waiting or to get you home.||A Foremost policy offers outstanding emergency expense coverage. Foremost will pay for temporary housing, and travel expenses to get you home. Foremost will even pay to transport your damaged fifth-wheel to your home, a repair center, or a storage facility.|
|What if my awning and satellite dish blows off during a storm?||You would wave goodbye to it as it blows away. An auto policy may not cover this sort of loss.||This coverage is included in every Foremost fifth-wheel policy. Your awning and satellite dish would be back in no time.|
Get a Quote
You can count on the experienced, friendly staff at Western Star Insurance to help you with your insurance needs. We're looking forward to serving you. Request a no-obligation estimate.
Get a quote by phone
Please call us toll-free at 1-800-545-8608.
Our hours are:
Monday–Friday, 8am to 8pm, EST
Get an online quote
Complete and submit an online form for a no-obligation insurance premium estimate.
Availability: Foremost Fifth-Wheel insurance is available only in the United States and in all states except Hawaii and the District of Columbia. Please note that coverages and coverage amounts vary by state and all coverages may not be available in all areas.
About the coverages described on this site: Your insurance contract is contained only in your policy, not in this website. Your insurance protection may vary from the coverages described here, depending on the standard coverages included in your policy and the optional coverages you purchase. Credit may be used in some states for underwriting as allowed by state law.
*Coverage may not be available in all areas.
What we insure
Road and Travel
- Motor Home
- Travel Trailer
- Luxury Motor Coach
- Neighborhood Electric Vehicle