Dwelling Fire Insurance
Lots of homes don't qualify for "standard" or "preferred" insurance for many different reasons. That's what sets our program apart — we specialize in homes that may not qualify elsewhere.
We get it.
Foremost isn't the only company selling home insurance today. That's why Foremost is committed to doing a better job than the competition. Foremost accepts homes that other carriers won't because of age, condition, value or other considerations, and accepts many customers who don't qualify for standard insurance because of credit or loss problems. You can rest assured knowing your Foremost policy gets you access to an experienced claims organization — Foremost has over 60 years of experience with specialty insurance.
Learn more about our coverage options.
We sell both landlord and owner-occupied policies and cover the following kinds of properties and risks:
- Primary residences, seasonal and secondary homes
- Homes older or lower in value
- Homes with minor cosmetic conditions
- Applicants with credit or loss issues
- Applicants who have been declined, cancelled or non-renewed by another insurance company
- And more!
Property insurance covers physical loss to your home, other detached structures or personal property. While no insurance policy covers everything, your policy should cover a wide range of possible damages or causes of loss. Foremost has landlord and owner-occupied programs that cover losses differently.
- Comprehensive Coverage - Covers direct, sudden and accidental physical losses that aren't specifically excluded in your policy.
- Named peril coverage - Covers the perils (causes of damage such as fire, wind, hail, etc.) which are specifically named in your policy.
Liability insurance covers you if you're found legally responsible for a covered injury or property damage to someone. (Unless excluded.)
Foremost offers important optional coverages that let you customize your policy. Some coverages may be subject to company approval. These are a few of the most popular coverage options:
- Additional Living Expenses
- Replacement Cost coverage on personal property
- Additional coverage for jewelry, watches and furs
- Business property and liability
- High liability limits
Your settlement method depends on which Foremost policy you choose and whether or not you purchase any optional endorsements.
- Actual Cash Value. An ACV settlement is the cost to replace or repair your damaged property, with a deduction for depreciation, which reflects the age and condition of the damaged property.
- Agreed Loss Settlement. If your home is destroyed by an insured loss, you receive the full amount of insurance listed on your Declarations page for your home (minus any applicable deductible). No hassles.
- Optional Replacement Cost. If purchased, provides a settlement that reflects the cost to replace the damaged property with new property at today's prices. With this optional coverage a policyholder receives up to 120% of the insured amount, if needed, to replace the home. (Not available in all states.)
- Extended Replacement Cost. For a covered total loss, if the cost to repair or replace the home is more than the Amount of Insurance, up to an additional 25% of the Amount of Insurance on the home is available. (Not available in all states.)
If you purchase your National Flood Insurance Program policy through Western Star, you'll have a professional agent helping you make sure that your home and your belongings have the coverage you want in the event of a flood.
Get a Quote
You can count on the experienced, friendly staff at Western Star Insurance to help you with your insurance purchase. We're looking forward to serving you. Request a no-obligation estimate.
Get a quote by phone
Please call us toll-free at 1-800-545-8608.
Our hours are:
Monday–Friday, 8am to 8pm, EST
Get a quote by email
Prefer to contact us by email? Send us your questions or information.
About the coverages described on this site: Your insurance contract is contained only in your policy, not in this website. Your insurance protection may vary from the coverages described here, depending on the standard coverages included in your policy and the optional coverages you purchase. Credit is used in most states for underwriting or rating as allowed by state law.
*Coverage may not be available in all areas.
What we insure
Road and Travel
- Motor Home
- Travel Trailer
- Luxury Motor Coach
- Neighborhood Electric Vehicle